Six Nations Rugby – Social and Digital Community Policy
At Six Nations Rugby, we are committed to creating and promoting an inclusive, respectful, supportive, fun, and safe online environment across our social and digital media platforms. We want to foster a community where fans can share interests and points of view, and have their voice heard.
Outlined below are the Community Guidelines that we ask you to follow on our online platforms. There is a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination, with appropriate action taken in response to any form of abuse or bullying that is identified.
What We Want
● Respectful debate and discussion
● A positive, inclusive and supportive environment for all to come together and interact
● To hear your voices and opinions, even if they generate healthy disagreement
● Follower-created photos and videos, when appropriate
● Relevant, topical conversations
● Conversation and constructive debate from all fans, that is in the spirit of the sport, and its values
What We Don’t Want
● Discrimination of any kind, including racism, homophobia, sexism, xenophobia
● Use of bad language and swear words
● Insulting, threatening, defamatory, libellous, or obscene posts or comments
● Unlawful posts or comments
● Spam, links to unrelated content or self-promotion
● Targeted bullying, personal attacks or abuse towards an individual, including players, coaching staff and match officials
● Posting of adverts or the promotion of commercial products or services
● Comments that breach any of the terms of the social media platforms themselves
● Mocking, baiting and insulting of rival fans, teams or their players that incites negative comments or targeted discrimination
Six Nations Rugby channels and platforms are closely monitored and moderated, and we also use Arwen – a leading provider of community management AI tools – to help ensure the interaction and engagement on our social media channels is in line with our guidelines.
We reserve the right to hide or delete comments that break these guidelines. We will also block or report users who persistently break these guidelines and if we see fit, take further action against users.
Social media has the power to unite and connect people from all over the world, but it can also be an outlet for people to share negativity and disrespectful comments. Discrimination of any kind has no place in our society and every single one of you has the power to report and stop it if you see it on social media.
If you see something and want to report it, find some advice below on how to do so. If you have any serious concerns, you can also message us on the different platforms.
Swipe left or hold down on the comment (depending on the device) and press on the report icon – which is a box with an exclamation mark. A menu will appear. Choose the option you feel best represents the comment you are reporting. Click on the option and hit ‘Submit Report’.
More information and help on how to report on Instagram
Press down on the comment (or hover over it and hit the three dots, if on desktop) and the menu will appear. Hitting ‘Hide Comment’ will mean you no longer see that comment on that post.
Click on ‘Find support or report comment’ and select the options from the menu, that you feel best represents the comment. More menus appear depending on what you choose. Click ‘submit’ to send the report.
More information and help on reporting comments on Facebook.
Click the three dots on the right-hand corner. Hit ‘Block’ to stop the user seeing your posts, ‘Mute’ to stop seeing the user’s posts or ‘Report Tweet’ to flag the comment to the platform. The detailed ‘Report an Issue’ menu will appear, navigate this menu and select what you feel is the most relevant option for the comment or post.
For more assistance and information on reporting tweets.
On each YouTube comment and video, hitting the three dots brings up a menu. Click ‘Report’ and select the option that best fits the situation. Hit ‘Report’ to submit it to YouTube.
Hold down on the comment and hit ‘Report’. A menu will appear. Select the most relevant option and click ‘Submit’. To report a video, click the ‘share’ arrow and you can find the ‘Report’ button at the bottom. Select the appropriate option and click ‘Submit’.
Hit the three dots to bring up the menu and select the ‘Report’ option, which takes you to a further menu. Select the relevant option and proceed through the next menus, to submit the report.
Tap more/the three dots in the top right of the post that is concerning you. Tap Report and follow the on-screen instructions.